Vanessa Martins Figueiredo, 13 years old from Araranguá, Brazil, died last Monday reportedly due to the Pfizer vaccine complications.
Vanessa received her first dose of Pfizer vaccine last November 9th. She began to experience throwing up and paralysis on her face five days later. She was then diagnosed with Bells Palsy, the Covid world reported. After being given corticosteroids treatment (an anti-inflammatory), her condition got worsened. She was hospitalized at the Regional Hospital in Araranguá where she was intubated.
She was then transferred by the Specialized Aeromedical Rescue Service, from the State Department of Health of Santa Catarina to the Joana de Gusmão Children’s Hospital in Florianópolis on Jan 2nd. Some reports said Vanessa suffered an ischemic stroke.
Vannesa passed away at 10:15 am on Monday, January 1oth.
Agorasul reported [translated]:
According to Alice, mother of 13-year-old V.M.F., the young woman began vomiting and paralysis on her face five days after taking the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine, applied on November 9.
She was then taken to the doctor, who diagnosed her with Bell’s palsy (paralysis on one side of the face), which can be caused by viral infections or immunological conditions, in which the body’s defense system ends up attacking the body itself. After treatment with corticosteroids, the symptoms worsened and the girl began to present a picture of muscle weakness, talking and walking slowly. Alice then sought care at the Araranguá Regional Hospital.
Portal Agora followed the case of the adolescent, and according to the HRA Nursing Management, she was admitted to the hospital unit on December 21, underwent consultation and was released. On the 29th, after a worsening in her health condition, she was again seen in the hospital, presenting respiratory depression. She was intubated and transferred.
The teenager was transferred on Sunday, the 2nd, to the Joana de Gusmão Children’s Hospital in Florianópolis, where, according to her mother, after several tests performed an infection was detected in her daughter’s brain, but without a defined cause. “The doctor said they were treating her with antibiotics, but that they were not managing to lower the fever. My daughter’s blood pressure began to drop; they tried all night, but during the morning her condition worsened, so they called me in the ‘salinha’ and said that nothing else could be done, because the infection hit an important part of the brain. At 10:15 a.m. my daughter passed away,” said the mother, stating that her daughter had no health problems. “My daughter has always been healthy and is now dead and no one has found the cause,” Alice said.
Her mother, Alice Romano Martins, posted on her Facebook account hours before Vanessa’s death:
“I come to alert all mothers that my daughter is dying because of the vaccine. She is 13 years old. A beautiful girl full of life is dying because of this wretched vaccine. I don’t wish the suffering I’m going through on any mother. Take a good look at these pics and look what this disgrace of this vaccine did to my girl.”
The Directorate of Epidemiological Surveillance (DIVE/SC) said in a statement that the case is now under investigation.
“However, considering that the notification of any AEFI must occur within 30 days of receiving the vaccine, it is necessary to evaluate this information with caution, because death may be associated with other causes and not necessarily with the vaccine,” the note concluded.