‘Archie is going to be a big brother’: Harry and Meghan expecting second child

US News

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced they are expecting their second child.

A spokesperson for the couple said: “We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”

The pair have shared a black and white picture of themselves, sat under a tree, with Prince Harry resting his hand on Meghan‘s head as she lay in his lap cradling her bump.

Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, holding their son Archie, meets with Anglican Archbishop Emeritus, Desmond Tutu, and his wife Leah in Cape Town, South Africa, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. The royal couple are on the third day of their African tour. (Henk Kruger/African News Agency via AP, Pool)
Image:
Harry, Meghan and Archie pictured in Cape Town, South Africa in September 2019

The news comes after the duchess suffered a miscarriage last July.

You Might Like

Meghan, 39, revealed her heartbreak in November in a deeply personal article for the New York Times, writing: “I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second.”

The black and white image that has just been released was taken remotely by their friend, photographer Misan Harriman.

He tweeted the photo and wrote: “Meg, I was there at your wedding to witness this love story begin, and my friend, I am honoured to capture it grow. Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on this joyous news!”

More from Meghan Markle

Harry and Meghan’s new baby boy or girl will be eighth in line to the throne, just behind one-year-old Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

The couple, who were married at Windsor Castle in May 2018, quit their roles as senior working royals in March 2020 as they sought financial freedom, and now live in Montecito, California.

Ms. Meghan Markle arrive at the Esplanade in front of the Edinburgh Castle in Edinburgh, on February 13, 2018, on their first official joint visit to Scotland Photo by: Albert Nieboer/picture-alliance/dpa/AP Images
Image:
Meghan recently won a High Court privacy claim against the Mail On Sunday

Harry, 36, retained his place as sixth in the line of succession despite giving up royal life.

Just days ago, the duchess won her High Court privacy claim against the Mail On Sunday over the publication of a “personal and private” handwritten letter to her estranged father.

In a statement after the ruling, Meghan, said she was grateful that Associated Newspapers and The Mail on Sunday had been “held to account for their illegal and dehumanising practices”.

“These tactics (and those of their sister publications MailOnline and the Daily Mail) are not new; in fact, they’ve been going on for far too long without consequence.

“For these outlets, it’s a game. For me and so many others, it’s real life, real relationships, and very real sadness. The damage they have done and continue to do runs deep.”

The 39-year-old sued Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL), the publisher of The Mail On Sunday and MailOnline, over a series of articles which reproduced parts of the letter sent to 76-year-old Thomas Markle in August 2018.

Articles You May Like

A Problem That Can Be Fixed
Psaki Says Biden ‘Takes Questions Several Times A Week’ – Videos Expose Aides Rushing Reporters Out
Eyes of the world on George Floyd’s murder trial but hope his death will change history is fragile
Breaking: Neera Tanden nomination for Cabinet post withdrawn in major defeat for Biden admin
Manhattan apartment discounts may be ending soon as sales soar 73% in February

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *